Ideally, everything you publish on the web is unique and found nowhere else. There are several ways you can ensure content stays original:
- Create your own content
- Hire a ghost writer to create original content for you
- Buy PLR content and customize it so that it becomes unique
The first option is obviously time consuming even for the person who loves to write. The second option sounds reasonable but it would cost you huge sums of money. Quality ghost writers will charge large sums of money to produce great material.
The third choice is the best for the average busy marketer with a tight budget. Articles found at PLR websites are written at a fraction of what an individual ghost writer would charge for the same content. But of course it’s cheap for a reason: other people are buying the same content and posting it on their own websites, which is why you need to learn how to rewrite PLR or customize it.
If you’re not a writer, then rewriting all that material will seem like a hard job but with a few tips and guidelines you could learn how to do it in minutes. Here’s how:
Learn how your readers approach web content
People don’t read content on a computer the same way they do on a physical book. Let’s quickly go over some key information:
- Readers want to get in, get what they want and get out
- Readers will scan the article, pausing at headings, first sentences and bullet points; as opposed to reading every word
- Readers like white space so cramming a web page with little breaks and spaces will chase them away
- Images and graphics are excellent but don’t overdo it
- Use clear, short sentences, and keep it straightforward
Now that you know what your readers want, start with the following:
- Change the title (visitors will read the title)
- Edit the intro by adding your own words, or find a way to rework the original
- Paraphrase some of the body. Find areas that could be improved and work in your magic
- Change the order of the paragraphs. Unless there’s a good reason to keep the article in sequential order, you can play around with the paragraphs.
- Read the article again and see if it’s good enough to post.
With that little formula you will never have a problem with PLR content. It’s simple, quick and it works.